Select to view content in your preferred language

Widget Controller moving position on different Screen Sizes

Jump to solution
05-14-2024 11:59 AM
ericsamson_tract
Occasional Contributor

Hey all,

I am trying to figure out experience builder and having trouble right away with the widget controller. I am trying to mirror our previous application in web app builder by creating a set of widgets directly underneath the search bar. However, when I set the position in the editor, the position changes when I look at it in different window sizes:

Setting in the editor:

ericsamson_tract_0-1715713108344.png

Completely different location on the live view:

ericsamson_tract_1-1715713154949.png

It's within a fixed panel. Not sure if that's even what I want. Any suggestions please let me know!

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Go into 'Style' for your widget. Your size and position will either be set to px or %. On % it will automatically change the size based on screen size. If you don't ever want that widget to adjust change it to px. 

Laura_1-1715716674669.png

This link goes over the opposite so you can see in real time what that % is doing. https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/problem-the-arcgis-experience-builder-widget-size-and-...

I tend to use sidebars with a section & views navigation vs free floating widgets. I find that words are easier for my users than icons and with this you can collapse it. 

Laura_0-1715715093288.png

View solution in original post

ericsamson_tract
Occasional Contributor

Hey Laura! Thanks for this. I wasn't able to get it at first because you need to also change the percentages within the size and position graphic as well:

ericsamson_tract_0-1715813950034.png

Now it works as expected. Thanks again!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Go into 'Style' for your widget. Your size and position will either be set to px or %. On % it will automatically change the size based on screen size. If you don't ever want that widget to adjust change it to px. 

Laura_1-1715716674669.png

This link goes over the opposite so you can see in real time what that % is doing. https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/problem-the-arcgis-experience-builder-widget-size-and-...

I tend to use sidebars with a section & views navigation vs free floating widgets. I find that words are easier for my users than icons and with this you can collapse it. 

Laura_0-1715715093288.png

ericsamson_tract
Occasional Contributor

Hey Laura! Thanks for this. I wasn't able to get it at first because you need to also change the percentages within the size and position graphic as well:

ericsamson_tract_0-1715813950034.png

Now it works as expected. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
TimWestern
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, it's important to remember what you see in dashboard may not match the live.  I've seen a line of buttons that line up horizontally fine in live view, end up wrapped on top of each other.

Two additional thoughts on your widget controller/placement.

Sometimes using a different theme may give you access to different drop spots already on a map without having to add a new widget controller directly, some have a separate section that is just a widget controller, depending on your needs, you may find a different template works better too.

As the above poster, Laura, said you can adjust the drop point of the controller, and have some control over the default width of launched widgets from the settings section for the widget.

FredericPoliart_EsriAU
Frequent Contributor

Why don;t they put the .px as a default ,  instead of % 

0 Kudos