Web Experience - Map Widget

10-01-2020 10:40 AM
BennyNein
New Contributor III

I have the map widget added to my experience builder template. I'm running into a problem and I'm not sure how to get around it. I am able to connect the map widget to a web map successfully, but as soon as the map is connected one of the features in the map is selected. 

This wouldn't be a problem, BUT the extent of the map changes to center around the selected feature. I want to have the map open with the whole area in view, but it keeps moving. I did use the modify extent tool in the widget itself, but the selected feature is overriding my change. 

Is there anyway I could have it not select anything and just show the map?

Thank you for any help. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Benny,

Are you only using a map widget in your template? Or do you have other widgets in your template like the feature info widget?

BennyNein
New Contributor III

I have other widgets in the page template as well as the feature info widget. I did get rid of it as an experiment, but my map still selected a feature.

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Can you share the experience? My username is dmart.   It sounds like you have feature info widget and a custom extent. 

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
BennyNein
New Contributor III

Sure. How do I do that?

0 Kudos
BennyNein
New Contributor III
0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

The reason why these polygons are selected is on pages 2-5, you're using the feature info widget with the same layer as the map widget. Feature info does a default query for the layer and returns all the records and shows the first query record from the layer and highlights it on the map. If there is no default selection, maybe you could use the list widget instead of the feature info widget and move it next to the map. Then move up the embed widget and legend up a block above the map and list so the user can read about the program and see the legend. If you would like to keep the current layout and show all the records, then next week we will be releasing Experience Builder and you could use the table widget.

Cheers,

David 

0 Kudos