Viewing Medium Screen in Landscape Mode

11-15-2021 10:14 AM
JasminePrater
Occasional Contributor

I am designing an app with Experience Builder that will be viewed on users' iPads, and is best displayed horizontally.  Is there any way to make the medium screen layout show as horizontal in Experience Builder while editing?  It's very difficult to try to set up a medium screen when it forces it into portrait mode.  Thanks!

3 Replies
Curt_H
by
New Contributor III

@JasminePrater Hi Jasmine - have you figured out how to do this? I want to do the same but cant seem to find an answer!

Thanks, Curt

0 Kudos
JasminePrater
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately, I have not found a solution that allows me to view the Experience in landscape mode.  The "workaround" for this was to use percentages for the placement of my widgets.  This means that when my widgets are viewed in portrait or landscape, they are always a set percentage of the screen.  That worked well for viewing landscape and portrait mode on the tablet, phone, or computer, even though the text of my survey gets wrapped into a second line for some questions.  It also makes the map area smaller if the users choose to view the app in portrait, but they are able to see the survey without issues.  If you would like, I can take a few pictures and post them on this thread as an example.

0 Kudos
Curt_H
by
New Contributor III
No need for pics - that makes sense - I'll go with percentages.
Good call - thanks for reply. Seems like ESRI would be able to address this within the builder.

Thanks for responding!

Curt
0 Kudos