ExB Developer Edition 1.9 Print Widget customTextElement Bug - displayed all in one line

07-22-2022 03:06 AM
Labels (2)
SerjStol
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am testing new Print widget and I require a customTextElement to be displayed. Previously I used the custom print widget by RobertScheitlin__GISP  which works great but our customer might want to have this new "preview extents" functionality so seeing if we can move to the new Print widget.

However, there seems to be a bug related to the customTextElement, it does not honour the configuration in the Print layout file (ArcGIS Pro) and displays everything in one line.

Custom Text Element in ArcGIS Pro layout:

SerjStol_0-1658484093861.png

Print out from the custom print widget in 1.8v of Exb Dev with modification to output customTextElement, works fine:

SerjStol_1-1658484170253.png

Print out from the the new Print widget in 1.9v of Exb Dev, all in one line:

SerjStol_2-1658484254664.png

Edit: both Print Widgets configured to use the same custom Printing Service which references the above mentioned ArcGIS Pro layout and the service is published to ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 and configured as a default print service in the Portal settings.

Seems to be a bug to me?

Regards,

Serj

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @SerjStol ,

Do you mind sharing your print service with me? You can Direct message me if you don't want to share it publicly.

Thanks,

Shengdi

0 Kudos
SerjStol
New Contributor III

Hi @ShengdiZhang , thanks for taking a look. The print service is on our closed  Dev server so it won't be accessible , but I can send you screenshots of its configuration.

0 Kudos
SerjStol
New Contributor III

Hi @ShengdiZhang I've sent you url to the print service, made it public so should be able to reach it. thank you

0 Kudos
SerjStol
New Contributor III

Just to follow up: this bug has disappeared when I republished the print service and shared from fresh to the Portal. I did this after updating ArcGIS Pro 2.9.3 to 3.0. So I am not really sure what exactly caused this, but customTextElement now displays correctly.

0 Kudos