Select to view content in your preferred language

Using an ArcGIS Notebook within an ArcGIS Experience

Jump to solution
11-25-2022 08:22 AM
Labels (1)
dcallaghan
Regular Contributor

I am wanting to build an Experience that allows my end users to run one of the Notebook scripts I have within my organisation's ArcGIS Online environment.

The script takes a Survey123 submission attachment as an input, then performs a geoprocessing function and then saves the result in the user's Content. What I want is for the user to interact with this process through an Experience, so that they can trigger the script to run with a button click (or some other trigger) after they have made the Survey123 submission.

I'm the administrator of an ArcGIS Online organisation. We don't have Portal, Enterprise or Notebooks Server.

Is this possible?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dcallaghan
Regular Contributor
2 Replies
dcallaghan
Regular Contributor

For those Googling and coming across this question in the future, see this: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-notebooks-ideas/run-arcgis-notebook-on-button-click/idi-p/12351...

JoeEastman1
Occasional Contributor

The closest thing I've found to being able to do this is by creating a dashboard, embedding my experience builder app in the dashboard and also embedding the notebook in the dashboard. Then I can run my notebook directly in the dashboard. It's not the prettiest, but it's the only solution I've come up with thus far. I just allow elements to be resized in the dashboard and hide the notebook when the dashboard first launches. When I need to execute it I just expand the window and run.