Select to view content in your preferred language

Use all Near Me results in other apps?

12-20-2023 07:14 AM
Labels (1)
DebHSF
by
New Contributor III

I'm creating an Experience Builder app including the Near Me widget. I would like to be able to use the list of returned results in other apps (not other widgets on the same ExB app - other apps entirely). Is there any way to do this? Is there a way to save the returned Near Me results, or create a list of the results to be used in a URL with parameters that can then be used elsewhere?

This is using standard Experience Builder by the way, not developer edition. I don't have any Javascript experience.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Near Me has the Export Data Action.

JeffreyThompson2_0-1703086049926.png

This will give the user a csv of their Near Me results.

JeffreyThompson2_1-1703086108675.png

This csv could then be potentially be uploaded to a different application.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
DebHSF
by
New Contributor III

Hi Jeffrey, thanks for the response. I should have said, I'm aware of the CSV export option but we don't want the results downloaded, we want to be able to use them directly in another online application. CSV export requires a lot of manual steps by the user which won't work for this issue.

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Experience Builder is just not designed to automatically trigger external applications, but here is a way you could make a single Near Me result do something in another application.

The results in Near Me are taken from your layer's popup template which you can customize in the webmap. So build an Arcade expression that takes data from your layer a creates a link in your popup using URL parameters, then set your other application to do something when it see that URL parameter. This should result in all of your features having a clickable link that triggers your other application, but it won't be able to send over the whole list of results.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos