Select to view content in your preferred language

Use a view as a selectable layer in the Elevation Profile widget.

02-28-2024 09:36 AM
KatGIS
by
New Contributor II

I am building a web app using Experience Builder and I have two trail layers that are views and I am unable to select them as ' Selectable Layers' for the Elevation Profile widget. I see selectable layers available that are not views (roads, utility lines, watercourses), but these are not relevant to this purpose of this widget. I tested the Trails hosted feature layer (not view), and I am able to select it. We are hoping to use the views to hide certain fields and apply queries. 

Am I not seeing my trail layers as selectable because they are views? Or could there be another reason?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @KatGIS , thank you for posting. I cannot seem to reproduce this issue with a layer view on my end.

Is there anything specific you may have configured for these views? Specific filters/queries? Hidden specific fields?

KatGIS
by
New Contributor II

Hi @AlixVezina , thanks for the response.
This prompted to me to recreate the views, and now I can use the trail views as selectable layers in the widget!
I am not entirely sure where the issue came from in the original views though - it was a simple query (official =1), and a few non-essential fields hidden. After posting, I realized I was having trouble with the Shape__Length field appearing in the table (it was visible as pop up, but not visible in selecting to hide/display in table), perhaps related to that?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
KatGIS
by
New Contributor II

Hi @AlixVezina, I just reproduced this error again with the new views. The trail layers were nested into two groups (Human Use/Trails/Official Trails). It seems that selectable layers are only recognized one group in. 

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @KatGIS thanks for letting me know! I've had no luck reproducing this issue so far. If you don't mind, please would you be able to write down the steps that allowed you to reproduce it? Starting from your hosted feature layer, through creating the view and the web map you are using? Thank you!

0 Kudos
KatGIS
by
New Contributor II

Hi @AlixVezina,

Here are the steps:

1. Share single layer as web layer using Layer Type = Feature from Pro 3.2
    2. Create View Layer from Hosted Feature Layer overview page
      1. Create view and add filter (Official = 1)
      2. Remove 2 text fields
    3. Add the hosted feature layer (HFL) and view to existing web map (new version, not Classic) that contains many other layers
    4. Neither the Human Use or Trail group are visible to select the layers.
    5. Other line layers under single groups are visible
    6. Add layer into 2 nested groups (Trail group within Human Use group)
    7. Edit Experience Builder app and attempt to add the view and/or HFL to Elevation Widget under the Map Settings > Selectable Layers > Choose Layer
    8. *test: move Trail group outside of Human Use group, and then successfully find the layers available to select in the widget

It does not seem to be the fact that it is a view, but just that it's nested in two groups. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @KatGIS , thank you for the details! You are correct, it appears to be an issue when layers are nested in a subgroup. Thanks for finding this, we'll work on fixing it!

AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

This should now be fixed with the June release of ArcGIS Online.

0 Kudos