Select to view content in your preferred language

URL/Resource Access Page. Right platform for this scenario?

08-14-2024 10:26 AM
Labels (1)
MountainMapper
New Contributor

My team is looking to create a page that allows users to browse, filter, and access, a list of resources that we have compiled related to our project. It was originally set up as an excel table with each resource, the url, and a matrix of several dozen columns of eithers 1s or 0s defining whether the resource falls within the category (column name). There are a few different groups of related columns. For example, we have 7 different columns for different types of media (storymap, podcast, article, etc).

My initial thought was that within experience builder, I could use a combination of pages and data views/sql filters to achieve the desired web dashboard to a moderate level of user friendliness. Basically, having a separate page within the experience builder project for each category, such as media type, language, topic, and then within them using the list and filter widgets to create a panel of buttons that link to the url within each data table.

I did a brief exploration, uploading the excel to an AGOL hosted table, and setting up some simple SQL filters, but I'm still not sure how feasible it is. Is there a way to populate the text label for each list item from the hosted table? Or do we have to manually create a list item for each of the 100+ resources? Furthermore, is the only way to attach a url for each list item to manually use the "states" settings and paste in the URLs?

Any input would be appreciated! I haven't investigated potentially using ArcGIS dashboards and am curious if folks think that might be more appropriate. We are hoping to keep this within the ESRI environment and without any custom development to facilitate easy transfer and simplify future edits.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MountainMapper ,

Or do we have to manually create a list item for each of the 100+ resources?

After selecting a data source for a list widget, you can edit the text/button/image widget in the first list item, and the other items will be auto-populated.

list.gif

Furthermore, is the only way to attach a url for each list item to manually use the "states" settings and paste in the URLs?

You can use URLs in image, text, and button widgets, and for button and text widgets, you can use attributes to set the link to a URL:

ShengdiZhang_0-1723690376383.png

For image widgets, you can use the URL to set the image source:

ShengdiZhang_1-1723690538408.png

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Shengdi

0 Kudos