Select to view content in your preferred language

Updating Asset Information in Existing Survey

04-25-2023 10:35 AM
JasminePrater
Occasional Contributor II

In a work order app I built in Experience Builder, we occasionally need to move the work order to a different asset than the one on which the survey was originally created.  While we can move the location of the work order, we also need the change to reflect the new asset number, Global ID, and Object ID (all fields in the asset's attribute table).  When the work order is created, the asset information is passed to the Survey widget from the map.  Is there a way that we can update both the location of the work order and have that information updated in the Survey to reflect the new asset information?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kara_Shindle
Regular Contributor

My first thoughts were either:

1. Attribute rule for when the geometry is updated

2. Arcade expression that triggers when geometry is updated

How are you building the surveys?  Is this in Survey123 or are you using a form in ArcGIS Online Map Viewer?

0 Kudos
JasminePrater
Occasional Contributor II

I created the surveys in Survey123 Connect.  I'm not sure if the Arcade expressions would work, since they seem to not work in EB.  It would be a lot easier if that option was available.

0 Kudos
Kara_Shindle
Regular Contributor

What about attribute rules?  I thought that you can set them up to trigger when a records geometry is updated.  Take a look at this post on updating only on a geometry change.  This post seems to be very similar to what you are asking.

0 Kudos
EmilyGeo
Esri Contributor

Hi @JasminePrater

I believe that Arcade expressions should work inside of Experience Builder. Is there a specific error message that you are seeing? 

One method you could use to update the work order attributes with attributes from the asset would involve using Arcade FeatureSet expressions inside of Smart Form that you could set up using Map Viewer. This blog provides some examples of how to do that, including how to fetch an attribute from a nearby feature. 

0 Kudos