Select to view content in your preferred language

The new updated feature info widget doesn't seem to work as expected with multiple polygon layers.

Jump to solution
a month ago
shodge_fsu
New Contributor III

I am using the current ArcGIS Online for this experience.

I have an experience that has two widgets – map (popups turned off ) and feature info.  The map has three polygon layers in this order:

PLS

quads

imageryGrid

The feature info widget is configured to show the quads and imageryGrid  layers, each using the default option.   All three layers are displayed.

When I click on the map with a point that is inside each of the three layers, the PLS layer highlights.  The quads and imageryGrid in the feature info widget both show the first record of the feature class and NOT the one the click fell in.

When I turn off the PLS layer, the correct quads layer record is selected but the imageryGrid layer still shows the first record and not the correct one clicked in. 

Changing the default option to the selected records option in the feature info widget does not fix the problem.  Is it possible the feature info widget will only show information for one polygon (the top or highest in the layer list)?  That would seem to be odd behavior.  I must be missing something in the configuration.

I am looking for what we call a drilldown identify.  You click the map and the code just looks and identifies all layers the point falls inside of AND any point features that are, say, 10 meters, from the initial click. 

The near me widget comes close - it identifies the correct PLS polygon.  It also finds other polygon layers that are closest (not the one the click is in), but the polygon closest to first polygon selected or all the polygons closest to the original selection. 

@RobertScheitlin__GISP’s Feature Panel Widget does exactly what I need, but it no longer functions after 1.13 (developer edition).

Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

You are correct. The Feature Info update does not select multiple layers at once, so it really isn't very useful.

I built my own version of the Feature Panel Widget that does work in Experience Builder 1.14.

https://community.esri.com/t5/experience-builder-custom-widgets/identify-for-experience-builder-1-14...

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

You are correct. The Feature Info update does not select multiple layers at once, so it really isn't very useful.

I built my own version of the Feature Panel Widget that does work in Experience Builder 1.14.

https://community.esri.com/t5/experience-builder-custom-widgets/identify-for-experience-builder-1-14...

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
DebSF
by
New Contributor II

This is a bit disappointing, I was expecting the same behaviour as you - being able to drill down and identify features from all layers that are on the location you click on/select. It only really works if you have multiple layers that don't have any overlapping features between them.

Unfortunately Developer Edition isn't an option for us.

0 Kudos