Text Widget vertical alignment

Jump to solution
03-05-2021 05:00 AM
David_J_Winter
New Contributor

How do I vertically align text in a text widget ?

I have added a text widget to a card but cannot see how to center the text vertically.

i can see how to align horizontally but no equivalent for vertically is apparent.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor
  1. Set the element position to "vertical center". This will keep your text in the vertical center of the card.
    jcarlson_1-1614958782071.png

2. Set the height of the text element to "Auto". That way as the length or size of the text changes, the selection box will be as tall as the text.
    jcarlson_2-1614958804456.png

With those two settings together, your text will remain vertically centered in the card.

jcarlson_3-1614958860452.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor
  1. Set the element position to "vertical center". This will keep your text in the vertical center of the card.
    jcarlson_1-1614958782071.png

2. Set the height of the text element to "Auto". That way as the length or size of the text changes, the selection box will be as tall as the text.
    jcarlson_2-1614958804456.png

With those two settings together, your text will remain vertically centered in the card.

jcarlson_3-1614958860452.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
Savannah2019
New Contributor III

I know this post is old, but the other answer wasn't exactly what I was looking for, so for anyone else looking for how to vertically align the text itself, not the text box, I have a work-around. Put the text box in a column widget and set the column's setting "Vertical align" to center. 

RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

The above solutions don't really work for me either, I have a text widget in a list widget, and it doesn't appear I can add a column into that list widget, so I can't use that technique to vertically center the text.

Can we please get this as a setting on the text widget itself?

yoga
by
New Contributor

If people are still looking for an answer to this one:

Under Style, select "Auto" or "Custom" as the height. This will enable an align option that you can use to "Center", "Top" or "Bottom" align your text in the textbox.

yoga_0-1689363541463.png

The align option is hidden by default for the "Stretch" Height option.

yoga_1-1689363604886.png

0 Kudos