Table Widget loads slow on external facing application

02-04-2021 09:22 AM
Labels (1)
RichardFreer2
New Contributor II

I've created an experience that is using the Table(beta) widget linked to a Web Map, when creating, viewing from ArcGIS Online, everything works great.  Map and Table load as expected when viewing live.  Now I've published and shared the application for public viewing, and the map loads fine, but the Table takes forever to load with the data.  There are only 25 records currently, with 4 fields displaying with 21 total fields in the table.  I took the performance issue to be from alot of unused fields with very long fields, so I deleted all of those and still slow.  All of that was from a dataset hosted on ArcGIS Online.  So I created a brand new dataset, loaded the features from the original dataset, loaded it to our enterprise database, shared as service, added it to the original web map, reset all the settings in experience builder, and still slow.  I have another table on a different page in the same experience, and that loads quick.  So I don't know where to go from here.  Has anyone else had difficulty with performance issues (load speed) with the Table Widget?

1 Reply
EmilyMcLeanACTGOV
Occasional Contributor

Hi @RichardFreer2 , 

I am having similar issues with the table widget, but I am also having issues with it loading multiple sheets featured within the one table. I find that the first sheet loads fine, but when accessing the other sheets, they don't load successfully the first time you view them. Instead I have found that I need to:

1. Open the Web Experience which loads the table widget with the first sheet showing (successfully) automatically
  2. Select one of the other sheets.
  3. Wait for the loading symbol to stop showing, leaving a blank table.
  4. Select the first sheet again, and wait for the sheet to load successfully.
  5. Return to the other sheet that didn't successfully load in step 3. 
  6. Wait for it to load, where approx. 80% of the time it loads successfully. 

I have found that if the sheet still doesn't load following those steps that I need to refresh the page, and start the process all over again. 

Hopefully someone can share some insights into these issues. 

Thanks, 

Emily
0 Kudos