Select to view content in your preferred language

Message and Data Action Problems

05-14-2024 01:17 PM
BenClark
Occasional Contributor

Good afternoon,

I've got a table widget and associated map that I'm trying to set up both message and data actions for, having issues with both. For data actions, I've enabled them in the ExB configuration settings, but when I go to test them out in the actual publish app it says that none are available. For the message actions, I'm trying to make it so that when a user clicks on a record in the table widget the associated map then zooms and highlights that same record's point. Unfortunately, that's not doing anything either. The data comes from a spatial view hosted in SQL Server--might that be causing my issues? I've attached a few screenshots that'll hopefully help explain my setup. There's also only one map being used.

Thanks,

Ben

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I configured mine the same as your message action config picture and it works as expected. The table that is connected to a layer that has a geospatial location correct? My data action works as expected as well. Are you using AGOL or what version of Enterprise? I am in 11.2

Laura_0-1715719144700.png

0 Kudos
BenClark
Occasional Contributor

Yep, point geometry is present in the spatial view is being successfully rendered on the associated web map. Currently using Enterprise 10.9.1. I've found that filtering the table by changing the map extent does work, but for some reason I can't get the table to affect the map in return. I'm very new to ExB, and I assume I'm doing something wrong, but it also seems that I've messed with pretty much every relevant setting...

0 Kudos
Laura
MVP Regular Contributor

Based on your images we have everything set up the same. I am wondering if there are bugs from older enterprise versions. I ran into a lot of issues myself first playing with exb. 

0 Kudos
BenClark
Occasional Contributor

I bet it's either that or something having to do with the spatial view. Thanks for at least confirming that my setup looks tentatively good. I'll probably engage support at this point.

0 Kudos
Laura
MVP Regular Contributor

I use them all the time, helps some of the headaches!

So far I've just seen this BUG-000142819 In ArcGIS Experience Builder, the Map widget does not zoom to point features when using a custom locator.

0 Kudos