Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 widget in Experience Builder pull polygon issue

4 weeks ago
Daniel_Perkins
New Contributor III

When using the Survey123 widget in Experience Builder... I am trying to pull the polygon from a feature layer in the map into the Survey123 form. One of my polygons looks like a donut (water feature in the middle that I don't want to capture). 

Each time I select the "correct" looking polygon on the map, it pulls the polygon correctly into the Survey123 form but now includes the center water feature as part of the polygon.

I believe this is just a limit of Survey123 but would be great if someone could confirm. Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I've moved this to the EB thread, which should get a little better traction since you indicate that this is an EB widget issue.

How are you pulling the polygon into S123 from EB though? Whenever I've set up an embedded survey and connected fields/questions, it wouldn't allow multiple data sources.

EDIT for clarity. This is the feature I am thinking about:

abureaux_0-1720449333066.png

Do you have this map connected to S123? In which case, are you perhaps just seeing the full layer in S123?

0 Kudos
Daniel_Perkins
New Contributor III

Hi @abureaux Thanks for moving this. I had left in the general section because I think this may just be a limitation of Survey123, not the connection with EB.

I am trying to match this workflow: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/experience-builder/real-time/using-experience-builder-and-...

I can get everything to work except the feature that is coming over into the geoshape question does not match perfectly the polygon in the source layer. I suspect a limitation to the geoshape question is my problem.

0 Kudos
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @Daniel_Perkins ,

Thanks for sharing the question here. I am on the Survey123 team, could you please let me know more details about your question so I can investigate further?

• Are the donut-like polygon and the water polygon stored on the same layer? or different layers? If they are in the same layer, are they separate polygons or a single multi-part polygon?
  • When you submit the survey with the donut-like polygon selected, what does the feature look like in the survey feature server?
  • If possible, please include a screenshot of your app when the feature is selected on the map and shown in the survey.

Thanks,

Ruth

0 Kudos