Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey Widget no longer sending shape data in Experience Builder

06-15-2023 09:21 AM
MatthewCayuela
New Contributor

Up until today I was able to pass polygon location data from a map into a survey in Survey 123 in Experience Builder. Now when I go to pass the *Shape(Polygon) data it sends over this skinny polygon in the middle of nowhere.  You can see on the map the parcel I am selecting and on the left you can see the narrow polygon that it is pulling over. The other text and number data fields transfer over fine.

I tried to troubleshoot this thinking it was an issue with the layer.

1. I tried a different parcel
  2. I removed and re-added the field/question connections
  3. I tried pulling from a different polygon layer
  4. Tried a different browser
  5. I created a brand new test survey and brand new test experience with a different layer.

All results still coming up with the same bug.

ShortTermError.JPG

23 Replies
mapmcburney
New Contributor III

I am seeing the same issue. Pulling my hair out until I saw this post because I know I had this working before!

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@MatthewCayuela and @mapmcburney , thanks for letting us know. We are taking a close look. @ZhifangWang

0 Kudos
r_povilaityte
New Contributor II

We are experiencing similar issue, only with sending point geometry. 

After selecting a point, survey screen changes to this:

RamintaPovilaityte_0-1686891907895.png

0 Kudos
DJerbCO
New Contributor II

I am having a similar issue, glad it wasn't just me!

0 Kudos
ChristinaToth
New Contributor III

I was having a similar issue prior to the AGO update this past Wednesday where the first time a user tries to send the geometry to the survey (located on a different page in EB), I would get a line, but when the user navigated back and tried to relaunch the survey, it would load just fine. They determined it was probably an issue with the survey being on a different page and not loading properly until it was launched at least once. A bug was logged a couple of weeks ago for this issue. However, as of Wednesday, now the geometry will never send to the survey and a line shows up every time.

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@MatthewCayuela @ChristinaToth @r_povilaityte @DJerbCO @mapmcburney, a fix has been applied last night. Could you please give it a try and see if it works for you?

MatthewCayuela
New Contributor

It looks like it is working as it should with polygons. Thanks for the quick turnaround!

Meglutton
New Contributor II

Hi there @Jianxia  I am still experiencing similar issues. I am using point data and when I click on a point, no geometry is passed to the survey. I have also tried rebuilding the Experience Builder app and trying it with a different form but to no avail. It was also working until last Thursday. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

r_povilaityte
New Contributor II

We are still experiencing issues with passing point geometry.