Select to view content in your preferred language

Coordinate Conversion Widget Credit Usage

Jump to solution
06-13-2023 12:30 PM
Labels (2)
Boris_Gusev
New Contributor

Hi all, 

Just need some clarification about potential credit/usage costs associated with the Coordinate Conversion Widget.

The only real functionality I want out of it is for the user to be able to drop a pin and get its lat/long coordinates to then copy/paste at their leisure.

By default, the ArcGIS World Geocoding Service is used, and it's the only locator available to me.

Now my question is, if I only use the widget for the purpose of getting map coordinates, will it affect my organization's credit usage? Would using the address conversion use credits, and if so, does disabling it in Output Settings prevent credit usage?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimF
by
New Contributor III

I just came across this whilst searching for something else - and noting the lack of any other response - default use of the WGS in a single-search context, such as the Search widget or the Coordinate Conversion widget, doesn't appear to utilise any credits. I believe it's the batch functions (i.e., geocoding multiple items at once using the analytical tools) are where you would see WGS costing you credits for 'geocoding'.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
TimF
by
New Contributor III

I just came across this whilst searching for something else - and noting the lack of any other response - default use of the WGS in a single-search context, such as the Search widget or the Coordinate Conversion widget, doesn't appear to utilise any credits. I believe it's the batch functions (i.e., geocoding multiple items at once using the analytical tools) are where you would see WGS costing you credits for 'geocoding'.