survey widget field/question connections

05-22-2020 08:22 AM
LoriRanshaw
New Contributor

In experience builder I am trying to set up my survey widget field/question connections, and I am missing something because I am unable to access my survey question options. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Lori,

I have never seen this before where it is not getting the selected question fields. Can you share the experience with me publicly or through a group? My username is dmart.

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
LoriRanshaw
New Contributor

Sure thing...let me send it and give you a bit of information. I am attempting to use experience builder to run our Adopt A Spot Program. I would like to have the user open experience builder, pick a spot/trail and fill out the application (survey). I have two forms although only one is in the experience right now (spot). The surveys were generated from the features in my hosted feature layer map and therefore tied to my survey, there are two fields that will need to be connected, the name of the location someone would like to adopt and the adoption status. I have not worked with experience builder all too much, so it's a possibility it's a setting issue. Thanks for your interest in helping. I shared what I have. Let me know if you can't access the data.

Lori

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Lori,

Currently, you can only create field connections that are of type point from the feature layer. We have a feature request to add lines and polygon support for the survey widget in a future release. Also, field connections only work for single text fields. So if you can create a single text field in your survey and bind that to the attribute to display from the map that will work for your selection to populate the survey with that particular attribute. 

Cheers,

David