Select to view content in your preferred language

Select on one layer triggers filter on another

09-02-2024 04:06 AM
SarahTaigelNRT
Emerging Contributor

Hi,

Going round and round in circle to figure out Experience Builder. Find it near impossible to find resources on development. 

I have layer A - Wildlife Reserve Polygons, Layer B which contains point sample locations for that polygon as well as some statistics which I want to chart and Layer C which contains data which is held outside of our organisation.

I want users to be able to

- Select a Reserve (either from a list or from clicking the map

- See the chart, table and photos update with records relating to that polygon.

The datasets share a common name but not a common UID. 

Is this possible? If so please explain!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SerjStol
Regular Contributor

Have you tried to configure Message Actions on the Map and List Widgets? You should set the triggers there, on the data framework, this way it should apply across other widgets. I am assuming you have relationship classes between polygon and other layers?

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/latest/configure-widgets/action-triggers.htm

0 Kudos
SarahTaigelNRT
Emerging Contributor

The datasets share a field with a common name but not a common UID as an integer. 

I have tried to configure the message actions on the map and the list widgets. If I am selecting features from the same layer this works fine. But I cannot get the spatial intersect to function. In my mind it is a simple task to have a polygon layer which can be selected by the user and this filters the point layer(s) to only show those that intersect, This is basic GIS functionality.

0 Kudos
SerjStol
Regular Contributor

I've configured Message Action on the Map Widget - Trigger type - Record Selection Changes on the data framework. Either Filter or Select data records. I have many to many relationship and if I select a feature, all related features are highlighted and filtered on the Map widget. So it should work for you the same if you have a common field (name) to set in the "Set custom connection fields" option in the "Conditions" section of the "Action Settings". But it would have to be a One to Many relationship, otherwise you have publish hosted feature layer with the relationship class.

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

https://community.esri.com/t5/experience-builder-tips-and-tricks/zone-lookup-in-experience-builder-a...

You could try using a hidden Near Me Widget to select the intersecting data and use Actions to control your output widgets. This article should get you at least half-way to building this kind of set up.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos