Select to view content in your preferred language

Search Widget not searching certain words like pronouns, articles or prepositions (our, the, if).

Wednesday
Labels (1)
MichaelMcLean
New Contributor

Hello.

I made a map using Experience Builder. Problem is the Search Widget. When I use it to search a layer source that I created it will not work with words like... "our, if, the".

In searching for a church called "Our Lady" I can not find it when I type the words fully. I can however type "o lady" "u lady" "r lady" and get the right suggestion. If I type "ou lady" "ur lady" I don't get any results. Same thing with the words "of" and "the".

My only assumption is it is ignoring these parts or something. It does not ignore them when using an ESRI Locator.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

That is to be expected. Words like "the" will get skipped because they are deemed as not important.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/experience-builder-search-function...

0 Kudos
MichaelMcLean
New Contributor

Well that's a bummer because it's a church and it's literally called "Our Lady...". It would be nice to be able to adapt whatever list they use to deem words not important. Especially since I'm searching a source that I created and pre-deemed the words to be important.

Thanks.

0 Kudos