Select to view content in your preferred language

Search Widget not auto-selecting first result.

03-14-2024 02:05 PM
Labels (1)
MattBell1
New Contributor II

In the old WAB I could type the name into the search bar and hit enter to be taken to my query location. In EB we have to physically click the result from the search bar or arrow down and hit enter. I made sure the "Auto select the first result" box is checked but it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong or is this a bug? Thanks!

5 Replies
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MattBell1 ,

I cannot reproduce this issue using a layer or locator source. Which version of Experience Builder are you using? Can you share a sample app with me?

Thanks,

Shengdi

0 Kudos
MattBell1
New Contributor II

I'm sorry but the data in the maps contains sensitive information. I'll attempt to create a public map without the sensitive data and post the link here. Might be a few days though. Thanks for your attention to this.

abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I see this behaviour as well. The map/data is the same, just one is WAB and one is EB.

In EB, I type the identifier and press "Enter". Then I get a list. Then I click on a list item... and then get another list. I then make another selection and finally go to the item.

abureaux_0-1710518306293.png

WAB seems to skip this first step:

abureaux_1-1710518377625.png

Honestly, I don't terribly mind this. But it is a big change to the search feature that I am sure users will comment on.

EDIT: EB version 1.13, and using a custom data-set (not a locator).

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @abureaux ,

The first list shows search suggestions, while the second list displays the search results. The suggestion list should automatically appear as you type at least 3 letters into the search box.

I was unable to reproduce your issue in version 1.13. However, version 1.14 includes a related fix for the search results panel, so pressing the Enter key will now display the search results. Can you test version 1.14 and see if your issue is solved?

Regards,

Shengdi

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I don't see 1.14 as an option yet:

abureaux_0-1710776810430.png

0 Kudos