Select to view content in your preferred language

Search tool in Attribute Table widget behavior

09-18-2023 07:45 AM
Labels (1)
MarkJTurnbull
New Contributor III

The search tool in the Attribute Table widget filters the widget's DataSource to the records matching the search. I would like the search to select the matching features as opposed to filtering the DataSource. There appears to be no settings to perform the select. I explored the use of a message action to trigger a select of the filtered DataSource, but it appears that the Attribute Table does not publish a Data Filtered message. Is this a constraint of the search tool by design? Is there another way to select features in an attribute table using the search tool?

I am using ExB Dev Ed v1.12

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Shen_Zhang
Esri Contributor

Hi @MarkJTurnbull 

This is currently by design - the table widget does not support Filter data message actions for now. Select records action is triggered by Record selection changes only. Please see the documentation here for more details: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/latest/configure-widgets/action-triggers.htm#ESRI_SECTI...

Unlike a standalone search widget, the search tool in the table does not provide the ability to select any records, it is designed to work in the table only. 

Shen Zhang
0 Kudos