Select to view content in your preferred language

Save Session Widget

05-23-2023 11:51 AM
colejo02
New Contributor II

Hello, I saw there was a Save Session Widget in Web App Builder and I was wondering if this will eventually be implemented in ArcGIS ExB? 

Kindly,

Josh

14 Replies
AValenski
New Contributor III

@DanJiang, thanks for the timely response -- it is genuinely appreciated. 

Graphics definitions are only stored in the web map if they are added to the source web map. If a user draws graphics via the draw (sketch) widget within the Experience Builder application, those are not stored in the web map persistently. The ability to share client-drawn graphics within the session is an essential feature of this product as it enables client-side collaboration between users of the same application. 

Are you stating that client-side graphics/labels will not be incorporated into the ExB SaveSession widget?

0 Kudos
DanJiang
Esri Contributor

@AValenski  Yes, the drawings will not be saved in our first version of the URL status. Your case makes sense and I think we can take this into consideration in our future enhancements. But as you mentioned, it could be hard for URL to save this. If it is not too much trouble, I would suggest contact the support engineers and share the details. So we can have a case to track the progress. 

colejo02
New Contributor II

Hello @DanJiang, I was wonder if the Save Session Widget is still on track?

Kindly,  Josh

0 Kudos
RossLuttrell
New Contributor

Saving drawing graphics between sessions is a frequently requested function within our organisation. Unfortunately, there is a 'competitor' product that provides this requested functionality, which users are migrating to, and doesn't assist with the adoption of AGOL web experiences. 

0 Kudos
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@DanJiang, we have just implemented an 11.3 Enterprise staging environment and will begin setting up ExB apps ready for our migration of a 10.9.1 production environment. Do you know if the Save Session functionality has been included in 11.3? Or is it still in the product plan for AGOL? I don't see it in the functionality matrix.

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos