Responsive Experience not working on iOS

Jump to solution
08-10-2022 08:00 AM
arc_ticodex
New Contributor III

Hi everyone!

I've created an experience using ArcGIS Experience Builder Developer 1.8 and customized the layout to work on mobile devices, such as tablets and smartphones.

The responsive design works great on Android, but the layout breaks on iOS. The most visible problem are in the background images, that seem to "fit" other then "fill".

In the attachments I uploaded some prints comparing Android vs iOS to show the problem in the home page, on the cards and in the info box.

Thanks!

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
MackenzieCope
New Contributor III

I had a similar issue a month or so ago. https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/image-widget-tablet-and-mobile-quo...

I'm curious if Esri has any updates or suggestions for this known issue.

For super-broken images on iOS, I ended up switching the image widget to a column with transparent text in a text box within (so it wasn't an empty column). Then I set the column background as the image I wanted to "fill" the space. For some reason, the "fill" setting works if it's a column background. This doesn't work for images being loaded in from feature layers, etc., but for static images, this was my workaround.

Hope this helps! And hope there are plans/updates on a fix from Esri! 🙂

View solution in original post

TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@arc_ticodex @MackenzieCope 

The iOS limit of "Fill" has been resolved with the latest AGOL October release, so your cases with iPhone or iPad should work fine now. Let me know if you encounter any other issues.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MackenzieCope
New Contributor III

I had a similar issue a month or so ago. https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/image-widget-tablet-and-mobile-quo...

I'm curious if Esri has any updates or suggestions for this known issue.

For super-broken images on iOS, I ended up switching the image widget to a column with transparent text in a text box within (so it wasn't an empty column). Then I set the column background as the image I wanted to "fill" the space. For some reason, the "fill" setting works if it's a column background. This doesn't work for images being loaded in from feature layers, etc., but for static images, this was my workaround.

Hope this helps! And hope there are plans/updates on a fix from Esri! 🙂

arc_ticodex
New Contributor III

Hi @MackenzieCope!

Thank you so much for the reply! I saw your issue on the community and I imagined there was not so much we can do 😞
I tried your hack for the super-broken images and it worked! It's still not the same, but now the problem does not get in the way of the application usability. 
You are a lifesaver, thanks again!!!

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, it is a known limit from an external cause, which might not be changed any time soon, unfortunately.

arc_ticodex
New Contributor III

Thank you for the reply! 😊😊

I hope someday this limitation can be fixed! 

TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@arc_ticodex @MackenzieCope 

The iOS limit of "Fill" has been resolved with the latest AGOL October release, so your cases with iPhone or iPad should work fine now. Let me know if you encounter any other issues.

arc_ticodex
New Contributor III

This is great news!!

Thank you!