Select to view content in your preferred language

Removing the deleting capabilities from the Edit Widget (ExB)

Jump to solution
04-29-2024 02:31 PM
KenBouchard
Occasional Contributor

Can't seem to find a way to remove the delete capabilities from the Edit Feature Widget.  I've uncheck the add record and delete record but the delete button is always there... and working!

I need to give my staff the capability to add attachment to the feature but I don't want them to be able to delete the whole feature!!  Anyone have the same issue?

Thanks,

Ken

KenBouchard_0-1714426051498.png

KenBouchard_1-1714426088070.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @KenBouchard,

Have you tested the editing from your end-users side to see if they still had the privileges to delete?

Some changes were made to the Edit widget in the last release to make sure it adheres tp the currently connected user's privileges; so if you are an admin and you disable editing you will still have privileges to edit. This is in line with the behavior you'll see in Map Viewer which shows a message like below when you enable/disable editing for a layer.

AlixVezina_0-1714485212138.png

You'll find the latest changes to the Experience Builder Edit widget here: What's new—ArcGIS Experience Builder | Documentation

AlixVezina_1-1714485310685.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @KenBouchard,

Have you tested the editing from your end-users side to see if they still had the privileges to delete?

Some changes were made to the Edit widget in the last release to make sure it adheres tp the currently connected user's privileges; so if you are an admin and you disable editing you will still have privileges to edit. This is in line with the behavior you'll see in Map Viewer which shows a message like below when you enable/disable editing for a layer.

AlixVezina_0-1714485212138.png

You'll find the latest changes to the Experience Builder Edit widget here: What's new—ArcGIS Experience Builder | Documentation

AlixVezina_1-1714485310685.png

0 Kudos
KenBouchard
Occasional Contributor

🤦‍:male_sign:  My gosh...

I was on my admin account.  Sorry, forget about this... 

Thanks for your response!

Ken

WillIsaacs
New Contributor III

I just tried this out and it is not functioning like you have outlined. If a member is a part of the group (not shared update) in which the ExB, Web Map, and HFL are a part of and with default "user" (creator) role permissions they can still delete records with the ExB Edit widget. I have proofed this by also building a WAB based on the same web map and the edit widget in the WAB version users cannot delete. 

0 Kudos
AKRRMapGuy
New Contributor III

I am not sure if this would work for your situation, but could you turn off the 'delete' privilege on the Feature Service side? Keep in mind that people with Admin level permission of wherever the data is hosted will retain the ability to fully edit including delete. I am sure admins retain the ability to do whatever they want to data in EB as well.