Select to view content in your preferred language

Remove the Select/Edit part in editor widget

05-23-2023 11:41 PM
KennethLindhardt1
Frequent Contributor

Is there something I'm missing? Do I need to create a custom widget or JavaScript application to edit the look of the editor widget.

I can't see that it make sense, that if you are removing the capability of deleting a record and update a record I still have the possibility of choosing select. I would like a more simple looking widget, where only the attributes I can choose are shown:

KennethLindhardt1_0-1684910493479.png

4 Replies
TianWen
Esri Contributor

Hi, the edit part will automatically disappear as long as you turn off the capability of deleting and updating for all the layers that are configured in the Edit widget.

0 Kudos
KennethLindhardt1
Frequent Contributor

Thank you TianWen. It's not really working as I hope. I agree that the select part is removed, however the rest is still there.

So I'm wondering, would it make sense to create a custom widget. I know using the widget in a JavaScrip, will create the same thing, but maybe it could be possible to download the widget source code and change it in there an publish it back?

KennethLindhardt1_0-1685102261954.png

0 Kudos
MelissaSalich
Frequent Contributor

I'm experiencing the same issue.
I have my feature layer set to Add only and the widget in ExBldr still is showing the select portion:

MelissaSalich_0-1695668743562.png

MelissaSalich_1-1695668821744.png

0 Kudos
LeoDiPierro
New Contributor

I've run into this as well - and haven't seen comments elsewhere on whether creating a custom widget can remove these extra components. Have you had any success with this?

0 Kudos