Question about Text

Jump to solution
06-22-2021 10:16 PM
JosephJ_ATGis
New Contributor II

Hi Guys

I am trying out experience builder. I have included a text box showing statistical values and it's inside a tab. On tabbing into it there is a delay in showing the values and the formulas are visible for a couple of secs. Is there anyway to avoid that by including a progress bar or any other alternative?

Thanks & Regds

Joseph

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanMcDougall
Occasional Contributor III

Not ESRI, just a Scot who doesn't seem to need much sleep.

I'd just quickly recreate the Sum in the Statistics tab of Dynamic, making sure the right layer and default value is selected, then clicking on insert. To rename, just click on the expression, open up Dynamic, go to the Expression tab, rename the expression, then click Insert once again.

The name of a formula only really shows when the expression can't find the connected data, hence my question - the expression name acts as a placeholder.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Joseph,

The alternative way is to use Expression instead of Statistics

ShengdiZhang_1-1624427119586.png

You can specify the name of the expression, which will be displayed on load.

Hope it helps,

Shengdi

JonathanMcDougall

@JosephJ_ATGis 

Yup, I do as suggested above - makes the user experience on load a little less confusing. 

0 Kudos
JosephJ_ATGis
New Contributor II

I tried that but I seem to missing something as it doesn't work for me. The expression title comes but not the value (scrn below). It doesn't show either in design time or run time.

JosephJ_ATGis_0-1624496834881.png

0 Kudos
JosephJ_ATGis
New Contributor II

Continuation of above. My friend who works in another org has this expression working for him. Why is it not working for me? it shows only the title.

Any ideas why it is going wrong? I am using the Dash template

0 Kudos
JonathanMcDougall

Can you give a bit more in the screenshot, please?  Also, have you double checked the text box is connected to the right dataset.

0 Kudos
JosephJ_ATGis
New Contributor II

Attached below. It's connected to the data as you can see. 

JosephJ_ATGis_0-1624507647281.png

0 Kudos
JosephJ_ATGis
New Contributor II

btw I am based in NZ. If you are Esri you know what I mean

0 Kudos
JonathanMcDougall

Not ESRI, just a Scot who doesn't seem to need much sleep.

I'd just quickly recreate the Sum in the Statistics tab of Dynamic, making sure the right layer and default value is selected, then clicking on insert. To rename, just click on the expression, open up Dynamic, go to the Expression tab, rename the expression, then click Insert once again.

The name of a formula only really shows when the expression can't find the connected data, hence my question - the expression name acts as a placeholder.

JosephJ_ATGis
New Contributor II

You nailed it right Jonathan.

Not sure if I am the only one facing the problem but the problem is the DataSection that you mentioned. The default dropdown under data is "Selected features" and I had to force it to "default". Perhaps the "Selected Features" may serve another purpose. All good I have to remember it

The user experience hasn;t improved though as it's a big data and the user can still see the delay but it better than the "Statistics" option

0 Kudos