Query Buffer Incorrect

03-14-2024 03:30 PM
LeahRobertsonBuda
New Contributor

I am trying to build a query in experience builder that selects parcels within a 400 ft buffer. The parcels are part of an external feature service that I have added to the web map. Here is how I have it configured.

LeahRobertsonBuda_3-1710454608577.png

LeahRobertsonBuda_2-1710454571044.png

When I select a parcel and run the query...

LeahRobertsonBuda_0-1710454452505.png

I get this large area that does not even consist of all of the parcels that are actually within 400 ft.

LeahRobertsonBuda_1-1710454482086.png

Is the query tool broken, or is there some sort of setting that I am missing? 

Thank you for the help in advance!

UPDATE:

I've changed it to one page results but the buffer still selects parcels that are greater than 400 ft away. That's my biggest issue is that the buffer does not make the right size buffer.

LeahRobertsonBuda_0-1710517894069.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TianWen
Esri Contributor

Because of the query pagination mechanism, data from pages that haven't been navigated to hasn't been loaded. Therefore, when you use the 'show on map' data action, only the loaded data is displayed on the map. To display all data, you may need to browse through each page and then use the data action.

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Could you please consider modifying the behavior on this? It would be much more useful and less confusing to users to highlight all the results from the query regardless of what page it is on. Going through and highlighting each page of results, results in multiple layers of highlighting that the user will have to remove one by one with no clear labeling, if the user can even find that trashcan.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
LeahRobertsonBuda
New Contributor

I've changed it to one page results but the buffer still selects parcels that are greater than 400 ft away. That's my biggest issue is that the buffer does not make the right size buffer.

LeahRobertsonBuda_0-1710517729437.png

0 Kudos
TianWen
Esri Contributor

I would like to clarify that the buffer extends outward from the edges of the feature's boundary by the designated distance, rather than from the center. Additionally, given the intersect relationship rule being used, the feature will be returned as long as any part of it is contained within the buffer area.

0 Kudos