Publishing an Experience Builder app from Local to ArcGIS Online

12-01-2021 12:57 PM
AlvaroFaria
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have created an Experience Builder App in my local Experience Builder deployment. Now I would like to publish this App on ArcGIS Online. 

I cannot recreate the app on Experience Builder in ArcGIS Online, because I'm using a custom Widget.

So, is it possible to download the App files from a local Experience Builder deploy and publish the App on ArcGIS Online?

P.S.: I know it is possible to use a separated webserver, but I would like to host that in ArcGIS online and not in a separated server.

Thank you.

Alvaro

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

What version?

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
AlvaroFaria
New Contributor II

Hi ABishop,

I have used the Experience Builder 1.2.

Best regards.

Alvaro

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

What infrastructure are you using?  ArcGIS Enterprise or ArcGIS Server?

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
AlvaroFaria
New Contributor II

I have locally deployed Experience Builder Developer edition. My App is using a Map and Layers from ArcGIS Online.

So, I would say that I'm using ArcGIS Online and local Experience Builder.

Thank you.

Alvaro

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Looks like you can only deploy ArcGIS Experience Builder by hosting it on a web server?

Here is a link to deployment information I found: https://developers.arcgis.com/experience-builder/guide/deployment-topics/

No sure why you want to host it in ArcGIS Online, but you could try adding the hosted web app as an item to your ArcGIS Online content.  Here is how you do that: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/manage-data/add-items.htm 

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
AlvaroFaria
New Contributor II

I would like to host my App in ArcGIS online, because my current Enterprise Solution in secured to be accessed only from inside our private network. But this App should be available to the public network (external network). 

So, if I have to use a web server, I would need to buy an public server just to host this app. 

For your last link, I found this phrase: "Adding an app to ArcGIS Online only adds a reference to your URL; the website does not store the app files."

So, should I imply that this is not possible? Right?

Thank you again.

Alvaro

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

I don't think its possible.  But maybe somebody else on this forum can chime in?  

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos