Select to view content in your preferred language

Print Widget fails on specific layer

Jump to solution
01-12-2024 11:02 AM
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

New to Experience Builder and I'm having an issue with the print widget involving one specific layer. I'm working with Portal v11.1 and when I attempt to print the map when a specific layer is turned on, the print task fails:

eb_printWidget_error.jpg

The layer in question was shared from its SDE location (not hosted in Portal) and the Portal sharing is with our organization. If I don't include this specific layer, the print map operation completes successfully. The layer draws in the map without any issues.

Anyone seen this before?

Steve

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

I wanted to provide an update with this issue which we figured out while we were preparing for submitting a tech support ticket. Ultimately, the issue did appear to be associated with the Manage->Privileges on the dataset in SDE. The layers that were failing were layers published to our Portal, but the underlying data was still residing in SDE.

What we discovered is that the group managed service account was not enabled in the Manage->Privileges dialog. Once we enabled SELECT, the services finally printed in the EB Print Widget.

This was a really frustrating issue because the layers *would* print inside my JS API application version and it would also print through a EB app version I built in our AGOL account (but still pointed to the org shared REST services). Anyways, hope this helps someone else out.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @SteveCole ,

This seems to be a portal issue. Here is a similar post https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-enterprise-portal-questions/print-function-not-working/m-p/1098...

Regards,

Shengdi

0 Kudos
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for this thread, as I missed it during my own search. I'm not totally sure this is the issue since I haven't published a special print service (I'm using the default Export Web Map Task), I'm using one of the default ESRI base maps and it sucessfully prints  if I don't turn the layer in question on, and this is Portal v11.1 so that should include the patch that is linked in that thread.

I'm not the admin so I'll have to pass this along to that group for further investigation. One random thought- could there be any specific group I need to add within SDE under Manage->Privileges for that feature class?

0 Kudos
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

I wanted to provide an update with this issue which we figured out while we were preparing for submitting a tech support ticket. Ultimately, the issue did appear to be associated with the Manage->Privileges on the dataset in SDE. The layers that were failing were layers published to our Portal, but the underlying data was still residing in SDE.

What we discovered is that the group managed service account was not enabled in the Manage->Privileges dialog. Once we enabled SELECT, the services finally printed in the EB Print Widget.

This was a really frustrating issue because the layers *would* print inside my JS API application version and it would also print through a EB app version I built in our AGOL account (but still pointed to the org shared REST services). Anyways, hope this helps someone else out.

0 Kudos
Rémi
by
New Contributor II

Hello, I have exactly the same problem.
I don't understand where you changed the privileges. Could you tell me more about the process?

Thanks

0 Kudos
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, this setting is accessed by right-clicking on the SDE layer in ArcCatalog or Catalog View/Pane in ArcGIS Pro:

ArcCatalog:

arcCatalog_manage_privileges.jpg

ArcGIS Pro Catalog View/Pane:

agPro_manage_privileges.jpg

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Steve:

Would this only be an issue if you using a group managed service account?

0 Kudos
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

I'm afraid I don't know. I'm not on the admin side of things so my knowledge about that side of the equation is pretty limited. All I know is that I worked through all the layers in our map and noted which layers cause the print service to choke. Through that exercise, I noticed that these were specific layers published as services but still being housed in SDE (rather than coped features into Portal) and then I looked at those managed permissions and that was the only difference between working and non-working layers.

0 Kudos