Potential Bug in Edit Widget

03-05-2024 12:09 PM
Labels (1)
esptjones
New Contributor II

This widget was working perfectly for me until the latest update. Then users started reporting seeing multiple objects in the widget. See Example1 image. The query that is being done when the edit widget is being brought up is:

(((Message <> 'WMM DB EXPIRED') AND (Message NOT LIKE '%MCT:PUB%'))) and (OBJECTID IN (332535)) 

Looking at the traffic in dev tools, whenever this query is being made, there is no response, see Example2 image. 

When I query the feature layer directly, I get a response of only one object. 

So the bug must lie in the UI somewhere that it is showing two objects. If I try to edit the top one it does not apply the edit, however, if I edit the second object it will apply the edit to the feature layer. This bug did not start happening until the recent AGOL update last week. I have tried re adding the widget, taking away filters, re adding the datasource, and nothing is helping. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
esptjones
New Contributor II

Digging futher into this issue, it ONLY happens when the edit widget is in a modal window. If i have it in the page it has no issues, but inside the modal is when it  has the issues. 

0 Kudos
TianWen
Esri Contributor

Could you please provide a sample app or detailed steps to help us further investigate? Thank you!

0 Kudos
esptjones
New Contributor II

I tried to create a public experience builder to showcase the issue but ran into another bug. When the layer, the map, and the experience builder were shared publicly, the edit widget did not show anything at all. When it was all shared with just the org it worked. I added more images to showcase some of the problems, in example6 you see that there is a token error when the edit widget is displayed. I would be happy to get on a teams call to walk you through the issues. 

Another bug seen in example4 is that when the option to give users the ability to delete records is unselected, users still have the option and can successfully delete records. Toggling the option has no affect. 

0 Kudos
TianWen
Esri Contributor

Could you please share the app you created so that we can pinpoint where the issue is occurring?

For the delete ability issue you mentioned, it's actually a new feature introduced in this release. Admins, owners, members of shared update groups, and roles with full edit privileges now have enhanced editing permissions, aligning with the behavior of Map Viewer.

For more details, please refer to the editing privilege section in the documentation here

0 Kudos