Possible to Embed Non-ESRI Web Site i.e. SharepPoint / Power BI?

Jump to solution
06-01-2021 08:26 AM
JeffreyOlandt
New Contributor

I am interested to know if it is possible to embed SharePoint into Experience Builder or Power BI? I've been searching for how to embed web sites and SharePoint. Some ESRI based sites will load but other non-ESRI sites do not. Could be maybe the "code" I am using? I've copied the sample from ESRI's documentation site for Experience Builder. This area is new to me, learning as I go. 

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/configure-widgets/embed-widget.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_F6019F...

I am working on a project, and the system architecture is set up in a way that makes things more complex than they should be and I have no ability to change that. Site will be housed in Portal and other apps would be perfect but with the briefly mentioned complexities, can't have them set up to handle the project's needs.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanMcDougall
Occasional Contributor III

@JeffreyOlandt 

I've been putting together a data playbook for demo purposes and have been looking at how, for doc control etc., we can work with Sharepoint. Not looked at PowerBI as yet, but suspect it's the same.

So, embedding a Sharepoint site doesn't really work, especially if that site is in anyway controlled by a login. Given Sharepoint is all about doc management, I've looked at alternatives (not any wizard with code to include a login prompt).

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/20deda8430e14318aa8439f519e90815/

So, with the above experience, just head to playbook, scenarios, schools, and the first North Lan scenario - you'll see I've just linked off a Sharepoint blueprint document which is on an external instance. It does mean I already have to be authenticated before hand, which is ok as I only have to do that once every 5 days. You can link of to document libraries too.

I know this is far from a solution, but might give you an alternative to just a straight forward embed. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JonathanMcDougall
Occasional Contributor III

@JeffreyOlandt 

I've been putting together a data playbook for demo purposes and have been looking at how, for doc control etc., we can work with Sharepoint. Not looked at PowerBI as yet, but suspect it's the same.

So, embedding a Sharepoint site doesn't really work, especially if that site is in anyway controlled by a login. Given Sharepoint is all about doc management, I've looked at alternatives (not any wizard with code to include a login prompt).

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/20deda8430e14318aa8439f519e90815/

So, with the above experience, just head to playbook, scenarios, schools, and the first North Lan scenario - you'll see I've just linked off a Sharepoint blueprint document which is on an external instance. It does mean I already have to be authenticated before hand, which is ok as I only have to do that once every 5 days. You can link of to document libraries too.

I know this is far from a solution, but might give you an alternative to just a straight forward embed. 

0 Kudos