Possible? Polygon layer off as default unless selection is made

Jump to solution
02-23-2022 08:34 AM
RaenaDeMaris
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I created an app in ExB through AGOL (not the developer version). The map contains points and associated polygons, a 1:1 relationship. I'm wondering if it's possible to have the polygons invisible as a default upon app loading and viewing, and only appear when a selection is made. I've linked up actions for the list ribbon so that when a list item is clicked, the point and associated polygon are filtered and zoomed to in the map... but I don't want all of the polygons to show upon opening and loading of the app. There are a lot of polygons overlapping and the experience is chaotic unless just one polygon is shown. I feel like this is a simple thing, but I can't figure out how it's done. Ideas?

rbd

rbd
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

One option is to have the outline and fill of the polygon layer to "No Color".

this way, they won't be drawn, but when selected, they will be highlighted by the selection color and thus visible.

R_

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

One option is to have the outline and fill of the polygon layer to "No Color".

this way, they won't be drawn, but when selected, they will be highlighted by the selection color and thus visible.

R_

0 Kudos
RaenaDeMaris
New Contributor III

Fantastic solution. Thanks, Rhett! Hope you're well!

rbd
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

You bet Raena,

Pretty easy to put Action filter to filter the polygons by selected points, but, this is the only way I have been able to figure out how to have all the polygons "Off" until a selection is made, and not turned back on when selection is cleared.

R_

RaenaDeMaris
New Contributor III

Yes, exactly. 

rbd
0 Kudos