Populate table only after a search has been initiated

10-20-2022 06:38 AM
MelissaGearman
New Contributor II

I am working on a simple search to be used by the public to look up the status of their permit. I want them to be able to search for their parcel ID number or permit number and have a table show the results. Although the information is not private, I don't want the user to be able to see the entire permit table from the onset.

Currently, I have the search and table widgets working together but the initial view of the table is of all of the data, every entry in the feature. Is there a way to either have the table blank prior to any searches or to have a table appear only after a search has been entered?

I'm working in Experience Builder developer edition but am still very new to it.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@MelissaGearman - For layer search, the behavior is more like a filtering action - you add the search/filtering criteria to the entire dataset. Thus, I am afraid that this cannot be achieved now.

The state before you search anything is the same state when you clear out the search - and users are expected to see all features when there is no search applied to the layer.

0 Kudos