Pass selection from one List Widget to second List Widget that is filtered by extent.

Jump to solution
01-19-2022 12:28 PM
rzufelt
Occasional Contributor

Using the AGOL EB, I am trying to get two list widgets working (together) on the same page.

I have loaded my web map into the map widget, and put an action to Query by current extent.  This is the widget that List Widget2 (only showing data in extent) is connected to.  

Then, I added the same map again in the data tab, and renamed it FullMap as this one is not loaded into the Map Widget, and not being filtered by extent or any other actions.

List Widget2, I want to filter by extent, and only list the data that is visible in current extent (so, connected to MapWidget that is filtered by extent).

List Widget1 shows ALL the data in the hosted feature layer, and not filtered by extent (connected to FullMap data).

I then have actions, On Record Selection Changes, on both List Widgets to  Pan To selected features, and then, Select Data Records from the "other" data source

It seems to be working fine, and passing the selection from one widget to the other IF the selected feature is currently visible in the map extent.

If the feature is not currently in the map extent, changing the selection will pan me to the new feature, but will not select it.  I have to un-select/re-select a second time for it to pass the selection.

I believe that it is due to the map widget being filtered by extent, the feature I am trying to pass selection to are "filtered" out and are not available for the selection action (selecting by OID field).

I set the "Pan To" action first, then the "Select Data Records" action hoping that this would resolve it as once it pans, they are visible in the extent and available to be selected.  However, it appears that no matter what order I put actions in there, it tries to select the records before it has Panned to and made them available in the extent filtered map.  Either that, or it moves from action to action too quickly and once panned, doesn't have time to re-filter by extents before the selection action.

Any ideas of how to make this work?  Or, maybe slow down the Pan To action enough that the map can re-populate itself by extent before passing the selection?  It is quite frustrating to have to click on a feature (not in current extent) in the list 3 times to pass a selection that should only take one click (1, click on feature -pans map;  2, click on feature to un-select it; 3, click feature again so it will select now that it's in the extent)

Thanks for any help or suggestions,

R_

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Turns out that if I add another Action to List Widget2, on record selection changes, to Filter data records on the framework, then turn off the Trigger/ action connection toggle, and then the Framework select records action, it doesn't filter the List Widget1 until after the selection has been made.

Seems to be working as expected/anticipated now.

R_

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Turns out that if I add another Action to List Widget2, on record selection changes, to Filter data records on the framework, then turn off the Trigger/ action connection toggle, and then the Framework select records action, it doesn't filter the List Widget1 until after the selection has been made.

Seems to be working as expected/anticipated now.

R_

0 Kudos