On Demand left panel activation

12-01-2021 05:11 PM
SubodhWMK
New Contributor II

Hi,

I want to display  Static/Image or Bookmark widget on the side panel in Sidebar layout but dynamically show feature info (dynamic text) when point feature is clicked. Can I achieve this dynamically? I am struggling to find the correct solutions. 

I am just kind of lost, any help would be much appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @SubodhWMK ,

A simple way is to add a feature info widget directly, which will display the selected feature automatically.

ShengdiZhang_1-1638411533801.png

If you want to make a more flexible layout, you can connect the image widget to the same feature layer used by the map widget, and choose the selected features view (same for text widgets).

ShengdiZhang_0-1638411366537.png

Then change the image source to Dynamic.

ShengdiZhang_2-1638411716742.png

If you don't want to show a placeholder when no feature is selected, you can check the option "View for empty selection" on the Data panel.

ShengdiZhang_3-1638411810479.png

Hope it helps,

Shengdi

0 Kudos
SubodhWMK
New Contributor II

Thanks Shengdi,

Your suggestions was implemented previously as well. 

What i want to do ideally and if possible is:

My sidebar panel would show bookmarks in card, so if user want to go to point of interests.

In same panel, if user clicks to find out feature info, this would replace Bookmark page. 

Please see attached snapshots of what i am trying to achieve.

Currently, there is no way to control this. Or at least I am not aware of it. Any solutions would be highly appreciated 🙂 

Cheers,

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

In same panel, if user clicks to find out feature info, this would replace Bookmark page. 

Unfortunately, this scenario is not supported.

I can think of two workarounds.

One is to replace the current bookmark widget with a list widget, and add a Record selection changes - Map - Zoom to message action on the list widget. You can set a link to another view from the list widget (or a button on the list). Sample app: link 

ShengdiZhang_0-1638498904026.png

Another one is to use a fixed panel to display feature info in the lower right corner. Here is an sample app: link 

The above apps can be created from online templates:

ShengdiZhang_1-1638499383459.png

Shengdi

0 Kudos