Select to view content in your preferred language

NearMe Widget to select features on a map

07-10-2024 05:30 AM
sophered
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to use the Nearme widget to select a feature on the map (based on what the user selects from the results within the widget) and toggle the popup. I have two questions about this, is there any way to do this without the use of the select widget? My application is already VERY crowded and adding the select widget onto it really takes away space. My second question is: is there any way to stop the popup information from showing within the Nearme widget? I want it to simply show basic information and then, if selected within the Nearme widget, have the popup show with more information. Thanks!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

It is possible to trigger Near Me from the Search Widget or a mouse click using Message Actions.

In the Analysis Settings Panel, turning off Expand Analysis Results will only show a title until the result is clicked.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
sophered
Occasional Contributor

Thanks! I would like to trigger the popup from selection within the nearme widget, is that possible through message actions? As of right now I have Near Me -> Set Location under the map actions and Framework -> Select data records under the Near me actions. Unfortunately it is not working the way that I want it to quite yet

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

In Map Settings Panel, turn on Show Popup Upon Feature Selection. Does this do what you want?

JeffreyThompson2_0-1720617716732.png

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
sophered
Occasional Contributor

I do have that turned on, however, it is not working the way that I want it to. Upon selection within the nearme widget, it does not toggle the popup. Is it possibly an issue with my Message Actions?

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Maybe try a Record Selection Changes>Framework>Select Data Records Action in your Near Me Widget.

JeffreyThompson2_0-1720620034465.png

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
sophered
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately I have those data actions in there already!  As of right now I have Near Me -> Set Location under the map actions and Framework -> Select data records under the Near me actions. 

0 Kudos
sophered
Occasional Contributor

I discovered that a possible was issue was the fact that I had my NearMe widget within a Widget Controller. It works exactly the way it should when it is not inside the widget controller

JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Widgets in a Widget Controller are not active unless they are open or at least until they have been opened.

Slightly more technical explanation: The code is first read into memory the first time the widget is opened. The code for that widget can continue to affect the site after that if the widget was not specifically coded to pay attention to if the Widget Controller panel was closed.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos