Select to view content in your preferred language

Near Me result not showing all popup information

Jump to solution
09-09-2024 07:48 AM
Labels (1)
Jennifer_Parmeley
Regular Contributor

I'm working in ArcGIS Online, Experience Builder, Near Me widget. 

The issue is the results list in the Near Me widget is not showing all the information contained in the webmap popup. 

Here's the original test screen. In the search results after "Services provided by " it should read "Family Service" Pop up for the same location shown for reference.

Jennifer_Parmeley_1-1725890717677.png

I thought maybe there was a number of lines or text issue, so I added a new blank and text line, but those new lines show.

Jennifer_Parmeley_2-1725890896335.png

I thought having punctuation after the {} would matter, it didn't.

Jennifer_Parmeley_3-1725890987237.png

I tried adding another reference field two different ways and neither of those worked either

Jennifer_Parmeley_4-1725891249849.pngJennifer_Parmeley_5-1725891284805.png

I tried moving the Services Provided line up the the pop up and that didn't work either.

Jennifer_Parmeley_6-1725893260066.png

At this point I'm out of ideas. Occasionally the popup will be missing the information behind "Services Provided," as well

Thoughts? 

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jennifer_Parmeley
Regular Contributor

I finally found what was causing the referenced field to not show.

In the Near Me Edit Analysis window there is a place where you can configure the export fields. All fields that you want to show in the Near Me results must be turned on in the "Configure fields to export" box.

Jennifer_Parmeley_0-1726758136520.png

I tested this with two other fields (building name and ZIP code); both disappeared from the Near Me results when turned off in the export box. 

Jennifer_Parmeley_2-1726758563124.png

That's confirmation enough for me - I hope this can save someone else some frustration. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Jennifer_Parmeley
Regular Contributor

I finally found what was causing the referenced field to not show.

In the Near Me Edit Analysis window there is a place where you can configure the export fields. All fields that you want to show in the Near Me results must be turned on in the "Configure fields to export" box.

Jennifer_Parmeley_0-1726758136520.png

I tested this with two other fields (building name and ZIP code); both disappeared from the Near Me results when turned off in the export box. 

Jennifer_Parmeley_2-1726758563124.png

That's confirmation enough for me - I hope this can save someone else some frustration. 

AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

@Jennifer_Parmeley @Alan_Halter This is a known issue, we are fixing it in upcoming release (Nov 2024),workaround in the meantime is you have to have objectid selected as a export field.

Thank you for reporting this.

0 Kudos
Jennifer_Parmeley
Regular Contributor

I put in a tech support ticket for this and spent WAY too much time rebuilding maps, popups, and ExB (as directed by tech support) before I found the workaround I shared. If this was a 'known issue' why couldn't the tech support person I worked with find it? I realize there could be a few things they'd need to search and look through, but known by you obviously don't mean known by all.  That's frustrating.

ObectID does not need to be selected, having the fields selected works as well. In my situation including an extra name field is better than including Object ID. A non-technical user obtaining Object ID can lead to misunderstanding of that being a rank or relevant importance vs simple database row number.

Thank you for the response.

0 Kudos
Alan_Halter
New Contributor

Thank you for posting! This was helpful. I had the same issue with field values not displaying in Near Me results.

0 Kudos