Select to view content in your preferred language

More control over map zoom and introduce scale bar with 1:xyz,xyz

Jump to solution
08-14-2023 01:36 AM
elpinguino
Occasional Contributor III

Hi there ExB Community,

My team is using the map widget in Experience Builder for planning the next day and in the morning meeting when they divvy out each person's roles for the day.

One comment/request they've come back with though is if I can change the way the zoom works in the map. It's too jumpy for them. Is there anyway to make the transitions smoother? One roll of the mouse takes us from Extent 1 to Extent 2 which is too much. They want to be able to see in between those extents. (Even better would be if it wasn't set amounts, but the user could freely zoom in and out.) It's enough of a deterrence for them that they've stopped using the Experience Builder I've made for them and are using ArcMap instead.

elpinguino_0-1692001847523.png

Extent 2

elpinguino_1-1692001882967.png

In addition is it possible to get a scale bar set up like this? 1: 500,000. Something that shows like this rather than 100m / 500 ft in the bottom left hand corner or an option to show either or both types? Not sure if I'm using the correct terminology here., but they are used to the former looking like scale bar measurement.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndreasHall
Esri Contributor

Hi, the zoom levels in a web map are decided by the base map you use. You could create your own base map and add as many levels as you want. 

This support topic is somewhat related to your question: FAQ: Is It Possible to Zoom in Further than the Scale of 1:70 on a Default ArcGIS Online B (esri.com...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AndreasHall
Esri Contributor

Hi, the zoom levels in a web map are decided by the base map you use. You could create your own base map and add as many levels as you want. 

This support topic is somewhat related to your question: FAQ: Is It Possible to Zoom in Further than the Scale of 1:70 on a Default ArcGIS Online B (esri.com...

elpinguino
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @AndreasHall , thank you for your reply and that makes sense to me now. I'm in contact with the imagery publishers now.

0 Kudos