Select to view content in your preferred language

Map Layers Widget - Group layers not showing in legend

yesterday
Brian_McLeer
Occasional Contributor III

I have several nested group layers in my Map Layers widget in Ex Builder DE. On the Map Layers Options, I have the Show legend turned on. When I expand the layers on the widget, the main group layer level containing all the layers has the legend working showing all the layers. Still, the individual layers within the group layer are not in the legend and the legend icon stays grayed out. Has anyone else experienced this or have a workaround? 

Brian_McLeer_1-1725914474732.png

Below you can see all 3 layers in the legend for "Trash Services", but each layer does not show and the legend button is grayed out. 

Brian_McLeer_0-1725914436075.png

Brian
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Brian_McLeer 

May I ask which version are you currently on? The legend button disable state depends on whether the layer is visible - sometimes when the layer has a configured custom visibility range, they might appear that way. Or you can share the web map with me to take a further look, if possible. Thanks,

0 Kudos
Brian_McLeer
Occasional Contributor III

Hello @TonghuiMing 

I am currently using Experience Builder Developer Edition 1.15. 

Currently, the web map is hosted on an internal server only, but I can share screenshots. It does not appear to be a layer visibility range issue. The three layers you see above (Recycle, Commercial, Residential) are two levels in the layer tree. The first level is the Utilities Map, followed by the Trash Services. Somehow the second level Trash Services is picking up the symbology for all 3, while each layer is not showing any symbology. 

Brian_McLeer_0-1725978338767.png

This is the image from the application, which shows that the layers are visible but the legend for each layer stays grayed out. You can see in the portion of the web map that the blue Commercial layer's visible range is enabled. 

Brian_McLeer_1-1725978484802.png

Brian
0 Kudos