Select to view content in your preferred language

Map Layer widget and List widget in a tabbed sidebar?

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
ChrisH2
Occasional Contributor

I have an ExB configuration that's using the Map Layer widget in a sidebar.

I need to add a List widget to this application so that users can easily see a record summary, navigate  between records in one of the layers, and zoom the map accordingly (i.e. typical List functionality)

I've been able to add the List widget underneath the Map Layer widget in the existing sidebar however there's not enough functional room for this to work in all scenarios.

Is it possible to have the List widget behind the Map Layer widget (and within the same sidebar), with tabs at the bottom to allow you to switch between them, like how you stack widgets in dashboards?

Alternatively is there a way to launch a list widget from a button on a widget toolbar, so it can be removed when not in use?

Enterprise 11.2

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shen_Zhang
Esri Contributor

Hi @ChrisH2,

You can overlap widgets by adding a Grid widget to your Sidebar widget. I got it by following these steps:

1. Add a Sidebar widget, put the Grid widget in the dock and the Map widget in the main section

2. Add a Map layers widget in the Grid widget

3. Drag and drop a List widget onto the Map layers widget

Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 13.58.39.png

Alternatively, you can use the Widget Controller widget to open widgets on fixed positions. It allows you to decide which position/size to open the widget panel. Please see the widget documentation for more infomation.

Shen Zhang

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Shen_Zhang
Esri Contributor

Hi @ChrisH2,

You can overlap widgets by adding a Grid widget to your Sidebar widget. I got it by following these steps:

1. Add a Sidebar widget, put the Grid widget in the dock and the Map widget in the main section

2. Add a Map layers widget in the Grid widget

3. Drag and drop a List widget onto the Map layers widget

Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 13.58.39.png

Alternatively, you can use the Widget Controller widget to open widgets on fixed positions. It allows you to decide which position/size to open the widget panel. Please see the widget documentation for more infomation.

Shen Zhang
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

You could also use a Section Widget to stack the Map Layers and List Widgets. Your Section Widget can even be packed inside an a Card or Layout Widget and then put in a Widget Controller, so your multi-widget can compact down to a single icon. Here's an example.

https://community.esri.com/t5/experience-builder-tips-and-tricks/getting-the-function-of-the-map-lay... 

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
ChrisH2
Occasional Contributor

I would have never found these solutions, so thanks for the speedy replies @Shen_Zhang and @JeffreyThompson2 

I've used the grid widget within the sidebar widget and that's worked perfectly for me.  I'll look into the Section widget suggestion later on as this may be handy to have up my sleeve as this application evolves. For now, I have a happy bunch of users with these UI improvements...

0 Kudos