List with no data, change text or hide?

Jump to solution
07-14-2021 12:40 AM
Labels (1)
JoëlHempenius3
Occasional Contributor II

I've added a list widget to my experience and configured it to display the selected data from a hosted feature service.

The selected data is triggered from another widget.When the experience starts there is no selected data and the users see this instead:

JolHempenius3_0-1626248333335.png

Is it possible to change this text and icon to something else? Or is it possible to hide it when there is no selected data present?

-Joël Hempenius.

Languages: JavaScript, Python and Dunglish
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanMcDougall
Occasional Contributor III

@JoëlHempenius3 

Couple of options;

If you create your list using your own cards with defined test fields, you can "alias" the expression to say (no data) or Select a Feature. Example below.

JonathanMcDougall_0-1626248765459.png

Alternatively , you could embed your list into a window - this means the user selects the data using the associated widget you have, then clicks an icon to open the resulting list. I do this to view inspection history photos against a selected feature, rather than having a list of everything. Again, sort of visual below.

JonathanMcDougall_1-1626248897794.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JonathanMcDougall
Occasional Contributor III

@JoëlHempenius3 

Couple of options;

If you create your list using your own cards with defined test fields, you can "alias" the expression to say (no data) or Select a Feature. Example below.

JonathanMcDougall_0-1626248765459.png

Alternatively , you could embed your list into a window - this means the user selects the data using the associated widget you have, then clicks an icon to open the resulting list. I do this to view inspection history photos against a selected feature, rather than having a list of everything. Again, sort of visual below.

JonathanMcDougall_1-1626248897794.png

0 Kudos
JoëlHempenius3
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you for your suggestions. It helped me in the right direction. My solution was to create a section with multiple views and to activate the view with the list when the user selects some data using the Set Link . 

-Joël Hempenius.

Languages: JavaScript, Python and Dunglish