List Widget updates map on separate page in Live View but not when published?

06-08-2020 11:10 AM
AndyWells
Occasional Contributor II

I have a List Widget set up on page on of my Experience Builder (non-dev version). It is set up so that the user can type in parcel record numbers, and they will be listed. There is an action trigger set up for the List, so that when clicked, the map on the 2nd page will pan/zoom to that parcel. (You have to click a button at the bottom of the page to actually switch to the 2nd page with the map on it.) This works fine in the Live View in Experience Builder, but if I use the Preview button, or if I publish the map, this functionality does not work. The map just stays at its default location. 

It will work correctly when published if the list is on the same page as the map, but I would really like to have it on a separate page because this map is going to be printed often through the browser, and I want to keep as few extra items on it as possible.

This is the rough draft of the map. Try a PRN such as 34781 or 13878.

Experience 

Thank you for any help or advice you may have.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Andy,

Unfortunately, I cannot access your experience due to sharing issues with your app, However, based on your description it sounds like your map on the second hasn't gotten the message when the page loads.  Can you share your experience with me?

Thanks,

David 

0 Kudos
AndyWells

I apologize for that. It should be fully shared now. It is a very rough map. I just want to get the general idea of how this would work. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Andy,

I see what is happening here. The issue is the action is not available on the 2nd-page load, so if you go back to the selection page and click for example 34781 the message action will trigger and it will select the parcel. Let me check our most recent build for our 1.1 release and see the behavior. I will get back to you. 

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
AndyWells

I look forward to hearing more about this.

I really like Experience Builder; there are just a few of these types of things that we need to get figured out before we can really use it instead of WebApp Builder. 

0 Kudos
Joshua_Sutter
New Contributor

Has there been any updates to this issue, or did you find a solution/workaround? Currently having the same issue where an action trigger is not getting sent to a map in another view. Works fine in "Live View" but when published and shared the action isn't carried out. 

0 Kudos