List widget doesn't load all items initially which makes select action fail

Jump to solution
06-19-2020 11:40 AM
WillArellano
Occasional Contributor

I just upgraded one of our old classic storymaps using Experience Builder, and I am having trouble with my List widget. The list contains an image widget, dynamic text widget (with custom expression), and button widget. I would like the List to scroll to the selected record when the user clicks on a point in the map. This only works if I first scroll through the entire list after the application loads to make it load every item in the list. If I don't do this, the List will not scroll to the selected record when the point is selected unless the record is in the beginning of the list which is loaded with the application. Is this a bug? A limitation? Am I doing something incorrectly?  Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Alyssia,

Currently, the only way to make this happen is to add a trigger for a record selection change (on the map widget) to filter the list. The issue I see with this approach is the list will only show that record. The user will have to unclick the point to show the list again. In our next release which is scheduled at the end of this month, the selection of a point will display the record at the top of the list by setting the page size for the records returned in the layer. 

Cheers,

David 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Alyssia,

Currently, the only way to make this happen is to add a trigger for a record selection change (on the map widget) to filter the list. The issue I see with this approach is the list will only show that record. The user will have to unclick the point to show the list again. In our next release which is scheduled at the end of this month, the selection of a point will display the record at the top of the list by setting the page size for the records returned in the layer. 

Cheers,

David 

KarinaLivingston
Occasional Contributor

Currently, I can filter my list depending on the polygon I select on my map but I'm having an issue that when I unselect a polygon on my map the list widget doesn't reload the entire list again. 

0 Kudos
TanGnar
Occasional Contributor

@DavidMartinez Did this update make it to ExB? I'm currently having a list selection issue. It does not appear that the selected record makes it to the top of the list as described. 

0 Kudos