Lock Mobile Layouts in ArcGIS Experience Builder in Portrait

04-15-2020 08:26 AM
NicoKroes2
New Contributor III

We are currently creating a web application  that will be used to show traffic flow within our city. To accomplish this, we are using ArcGIS Experience Builder. As part of this project, we are creating a mobile version of the web application. My question is, is it possible to lock the mobile version of the app into portrait mode (See Fig 1)? In other words, is there a way to prevent the mobile version of the app from rotating into landscape mode on a mobile device such as an Iphone or an Ipad (See Fig 2)? I realize the user can do this manually through disabling rotation on their mobile device. However, we want this functionality to be automatically applied to our web application. We have optimized our mobile version of the application to work in portrait mode and would prefer landscape to be disabled. If this function is unavailable, I would be more than happy to add it to the ideas page. I have included some photos below for your reference:

Traffic Application in Portrait ModeTraffic Application in Landscape Mode

Fig 1 Web App in Portrait Mode                 Fig 2 Web Application in Landscape Mode. We would like this to be disabled

Please do not hesitate to let me know if I can provide any additional information that might help.

Nico

5 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nico,

Your mobile layout looks really good. We do not have anything implemented in Experience Builder that would lock the screen orientation to primary-portrait. I will log an issue for us to research this topic. BTW, I am interested in seeing your final deliverable of this experience. 

Cheers,

David    

NicoKroes2
New Contributor III

Thanks David. Once Public, I will be sure to add a link to the final deliverable here. Thanks again for your help.

PoojaZagade75
New Contributor

Hi,

Can we stop the ArcGIS Experience Builder Dev from reloading on changing the mobile device orientation from Portrait to Landscape, or vice versa?

Thanks.

PoojaZagade75
New Contributor

Hi @DavidMartinez,

Can we stop reloading of experiences on orientation change in mobile devices?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
vnixon
by
New Contributor II

Hi everyone,

We also designed an app that looks great in portrait, but is only half functional and resets the whole map and clears any searches or selections as I believe Pooja mentioned above when you turn the phone. Unfortunately we don't have the resources to design for landscape as well. Does anyone have any recommendations for stopping users from trying to use landscape?

Thanks so much,

Veronica

0 Kudos