Select to view content in your preferred language

June 2024 update broke query widget results

2 weeks ago
Labels (1)
NicoleJohnson
New Contributor III

I'm using ArcGIS Online.

I've created an Experience Builder site that has (among other things) a map and a query widget. The map contains a layer with pop-ups created from multiple Arcade attribute expressions housed in a text content block. The query widget is supposed to return the same content as the pop-ups, but after the June 2024 update, it no longer does that (despite the "use web map settings" box still being checked). Instead, the query results show the default field list content you get when you haven't configured pop-ups at all for a layer.

I've attached an image below where you can see the pop-up next to the query results. I've had to blur stuff out, but you can see they're clearly different.

I use Arcade attribute expressions because I have related data I need to show the user, and I don't like the built-in related records options in Map Viewer for this particular use. Using an Arcade content block is also out of the question because the query widget can't show those.

Anyone else experiencing this? I'm going to report it as a bug since there doesn't seem to be anything I can do on the Experience Builder/widget side of things.

Feeling SO disappointed right now. I was all excited looking through the updates and then had the thought, "I sure hope all my stuff still works," and what do you know, it doesn't.

Tags (1)
5 Replies
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@NicoleJohnson, thanks for submitting a ticket to Esri Support and posting the issue here. We will follow up and keep you updated.

0 Kudos
WorcesterGTSS
Occasional Contributor

We are experiencing the same issue. We have the Query widget configured to "use web map settings" but the results returned show the full list of attributes you see when a popup is not configured.

0 Kudos
WorcesterGTSS
Occasional Contributor

The widget is now working correctly in our app.

TianWen
Esri Contributor

We have successfully reproduced the issue and are currently working on a fix. Thanks for the post!

NicoleJohnson
New Contributor III

This is fixed! Thank you, @Jianxia and @TianWen.

0 Kudos