Issue with connecting list widget to feature info in ExB

06-15-2021 03:08 PM
KimberlyMcCallum
New Contributor III

Hi All, I have a workflow where I launch a Survey123 survey by triggering a popup from a web map. To build my Survey123 URL appropriately, I have an Arcade function on a popup in the webmap that converts the selected feature's coordinates to lat/lon and gives me a survey URL. I then embed this webmap in an ExB app and use the Feature Info widget to trigger the popup from either selecting the feature from the list widget or from selecting it on the map. This worked great when I initially set it up in a prototype app but I've tried to replicate it it in another app and something very odd is happening... when I trigger the popup from the map and open the survey, the lat/lon conversion is correct and the survey is just fine.... however... when I trigger it from the list, everything seems fine (i.e., the other fields populate correctly) except that my coordinates are wrong! I suspect that it has something to do with how the map, list widget and feature info widget are connected but I can't seem to find any differences between the working and the non-working app!

Any suggestions on approaches to debug this kind of thing would be greatly appreciated! 

3 Replies
TanGnar
Occasional Contributor

Running up against the same issue. Coordinates from map popup are good and I can link to my survey123. 

Coordinates linked from feature info, which is filtered from list, are different - they return 0.000xxx (at least for South Carolina). 

0 Kudos
KimberlyMcCallum
New Contributor III

Hi @TanGnar, Sorry to hear that you have run into this as well! In my case, the coordinates that were populated were somewhere off the West Coast of Africa (near 0,0). I went through several rounds with Esri support on this and didn't get anywhere. Apparently, this is being addressed in an enhancement request #ENH-000130296 [ENHANCEMENT] Provide the ability to automatically display pop-ups for selected features in ArcGIS Experience Builder.

The extremely tacky workaround that I came up with (I wasn't happy with it), was to put the link to the survey in the feature popup (an anchor tag styled like a button) with the survey link dynamically built using Arcade. Let me know if you want the expression I used. I added a scale dependent label to the map and, when the user selected a feature from the list widget, it zoomed in to the feature on the map, displaying the label which prompted them to click the feature to open the popup... Let me know if that doesn't make sense. It wasn't pretty but it got us going for the season.

0 Kudos
TanGnar
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the update @KimberlyMcCallum 

For this particular effort, I decided to switch to a Dashboard, which will work fine. I do like the idea of a selection triggering a popup in the map in ExB. I'm still curious to know why arcade expressions pulling coordinates doesn't work with the feature info widget. 

0 Kudos