Select to view content in your preferred language

Is there a way to format labels in the widget controller?

06-20-2023 02:17 PM
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I would like my users to see the name of each widget without needing to click and go though them all. Some of my labels do not fit. Is there a way to make the label a few lines long or any way to display the full label?

Laura_0-1687295852745.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Shen_Zhang
Esri Contributor

Hi @Laura 

Widget controller is a compact container to organize widgets - it is true that labels can only be displayed in limited spaces.To address this, there are two possible solutions:

1. Increase the spacing between widget icons: By allowing more space between the icons, there will be room to display the labels without truncation.

2. Enable tooltips for the widget icons: Tooltips provide a useful feature where users can hover over the widget icons to view the corresponding labels. This way, even if the labels can't be fully displayed within the container, users can still access them when needed.

Please let me know if you have any concerns or further questions regarding this issue. Thank you!

Shen Zhang
0 Kudos
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I did increase the space and there wasn't enough room. Would love to see work done on this - 2 lines for the name,  changing size, etc

EricMahaffey1
Occasional Contributor

Tacking on to @Laura 's request.  I'd also like to have the ability to edit the text so we can rename the widget

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Renaming widgets is currently supported.

https://community.esri.com/t5/experience-builder-tips-and-tricks/changing-the-icons-and-titles-of-wi...

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas