Select to view content in your preferred language

Is there a way to create a web app by loading layers and not losing symbology?

3 weeks ago
Labels (1)
CarolinaDByl
New Contributor II

Hi everyone, 

I have about 10 Map Image Layers which I need to add to an app. Each Map Image Layer has between 4 and 15 Feature Layers, sometimes grouped. This app should have the option for the user to toggle any of the Feature Layers inside each Map Image Layer in any combination. 

With Atlas template from Instant Apps, I can add the Map Image Layers with the symbology set in Pro, but I can't toggle on/off individual Feature Layers. 

With Basic template Instant Apps, I need to add a web map and when doing that I lose lots of symbology, but I can toggle on/off individually.

So I tried to go to experience builder, but all widgets make me create a web app first and I lose all the symbology.

Is there a way to keep the symbology AND have the toggle on/off for each feature layer or should I compromise?

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Have you tried publishing as a map and checking this?

Laura_0-1716929380449.png

Otherwise it will change your symbols to match the newer updates - for things like EXB, new map viewer, dashboard and instant apps. I have published groups of layers, symbolized, and all worked well in EXB.

0 Kudos
CarolinaDByl
New Contributor II

Hi Laura, thanks for your reply. 

My company has a Standard Operation Procedure, and they require me to publish as a map service, that's why that checkbox doesn't appear, I believe. 

CarolinaDByl_0-1716931629978.png

0 Kudos