Select to view content in your preferred language

Is it possible to get the Share Widget in Experience Builder to function the same as it does in Web App Builder?

05-12-2023 09:53 AM
BrianHenderson2
Emerging Contributor

In Web App Builder, the Share widget allowed you to share a link that would change depending on what the map displayed. This made it possible to select a feature, zoom in on it and then share a link that would take others to the same zoomed in view.

I'd like to mimic this functionality in Web Experience Builder, but as far as I can tell the Share widget only generates a link to the opening view of the Experience. If you move around the map or zoom in on a feature the link generated by the Share widget still generates the same link. It seems like there should be a way to add a Trigger/Action, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do that.

Hoping someone knows how to solve this issue.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
3 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

This is something that we have not yet supported but evaluating in the near future. There are some similar posts like the following:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-blog/arcgis-experience-builder-2023-roadmap/...

kevin_lawler21
Emerging Contributor

Like you @BrianHenderson2 I have many short links saved in a Hub site table for Project Management that open a common Web AppBuilder project but zoom to a specific extent and have certain layers turned on/off.  We are transitioning over to Experience Builder in 2024 and I don't want this to stop me from accomplishing some of my goals for the year.  @TonghuiMing I've seen the latest roadmap but would like an answer so I can communicate with management sometime soon.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
WAnderson
New Contributor

Has there been any update on if/when this may be implemented?

Thank you