Select to view content in your preferred language

Interaction between 1-M data

12-07-2023 02:51 AM
JasonBOCQUET
Frequent Contributor

Hello Community, I have one thing that i need to resolve.

Context : I have one table with Society data and an ID called SIREN.

I have one shapefile with Establishment data and an ID called SIREN.

One Society can have 1 or N Establishment (for example the Society is Microsoft and it have like 100+ establishment around the world).

My needs : I need to represent my society on a Table, or a List, use Filter to allow my user to search a specific society by a tons of criteria. And after that, I want to show on my map the Establishment corresponding to the selection operated by the user on the society list/table.

Anyone have an idea to implement this ? 

Thanks 🙂

7 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

It is possible to use a large number of filters on a single data source. Here is an example that allows the user to select from up to 35 filter options.

There are two Filter widgets on this page. The area filters are connected by OR logic and the amenities filters are connected by AND logic.

JeffreyThompson2_0-1701956918834.png

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
JasonBOCQUET
Frequent Contributor

Yes, but i have 2 different sources ! not only one ! society and establishment are not on the same data source

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Sorry, I missed that part of the problem. Filtering two data sources at once is a known limitation of Experience Builder, but if you are willing to make it a two step process for the users. I think you can make this happen with a Message Action.

Have one Filter widget set up to filter societies. Then, in the Map widget (I believe this option should also be available in the Table and List widgets.) go to Action > Message Action > Add Trigger > Record Selection Changes > Framework > Filter Data Records. Then, set the Trigger Data to Society and the Action Data to Establishment. Next, set the Trigger and Action connections to the SIREN field. This should filter establishments in the map by SIREN when the societies change, but I don't think it will filter any other widgets. Lastly, set up a Filter widget for the establishment layer.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
JasonBOCQUET
Frequent Contributor

The Establishment data is the data on the map  (feature layer), the society is only a table; so it is necessary to make Establishment the trigger data and Society the action data no ? 

0 Kudos
JasonBOCQUET
Frequent Contributor

I try to set up a filter on society (filter by name of society), then add a trigger on the MAP widget (as you explain me, with trigger data to society and the action data to establishment).

If i filter by one name of society (ex Microsoft) my widget List with the Society was dynamicaly adjusted, but not the point of ESTABLISHMENT on the map 😞

The filter widget doesn't work like a SELECTION, it only Show or Hide elements; so the map widget can't record a selection change because IT'S NOT a selection.

The best way that i've found actually is this :

I use filter on my society, when i select some criteria with multiple filter on the society source my LIST of Society was updated. Then, the user have to make the choice to click on ONE Society on the list and click after that on a button to see the Map view with a Map widget containing the ESTABLISHMENT feature. I made an action trigger btw the widget List and the widget map with the society on trigger data and the establishment on action data so when the user click on ONE society on the list, the map with the ESTABLISHMENT was filtered.

It's not the best solution , because we can only show the information one by one, society by society, by clicking on the list and not only with the using of the filter widget, but it's better than nothing... ^^'

and i made the same trigger in the other sense : if u click on one establishment on the map, you can see the information of the society linked to in the list widget.

Not efficient solution, but again, better than nothing.

I think it's not possible to do a best way than that ? maybe ? idk and it's very sad to be blocked by a simple problem like this

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

The lack of group filters is a major complaint in the community. 

A true Group Filter widget is due out sometime next year. Until then, it seems like you have found the best OOTB method or you could try doing it with a custom widget.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor
0 Kudos